The second chapter of SHiFT! Harness The Trigger Events That TURN PROSPECTS INTO CUSTOMERS is about the events that trigger (Trigger Events) decision makers to want what you sell.
Complete the form at the very bottom of this page to download the full-sized version of the personal “Buying Trigger” worksheet discussed on pages 63 and 65 of the book.
Every single day thousands of decision makers experience a Trigger Event that turn them into highly motivated buyers who are in the Window of Dissatisfaction™.
Trigger Events, that shift decision makers from someone who never would have bought from you yesterday into someone who is highly likely to buy from you today, fall into one of three different categories:
- Bad Experience: The decision maker has a bad experience with a product/service, with people, or with a provider. For instance, there may have been a product/service change that creates dissatisfaction.
- Change / Transition: The decision maker has a change or transition in people, places, or priorities. For instance, there may have been a change in the decision maker at an account.
- Awareness: The decision maker becomes aware of the need to change for legal, risk-avoidance, or economic reasons. For instance: They may have a new understanding that buying from someone like you is less risky than continuing to buy their existing solution from someone else.
Three ways you can benefit from Trigger Events
- Read our posts related to Trigger Events
- Read the page on how to use a Won Sales Analysis™ to identify the best Trigger Events for the products/services you sell.
- Learn the secrets of Trigger Event Selling™
Contact me when you want to learn simple strategies that will help you identify the Trigger Events for what you sell, find out when these Trigger Events happen, and close more sales when they do.
* Means mandatory